Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Spring 2008

Ok. So I'm not as good at keeping this updated as I had hoped. It's been a rough winter for us. I think the girls have been sick more than they've been well. Due to chronic ear infections, Bethany had tubes placed in her ears in early January. She recovered from the surgery with ease and was back to herself in no time. Still, less than a month later, another ear infection. At least it cleared up quicker.

Bethany is working very hard in her speech and physical therapy sessions, as well as early intervention. She is finally sitting unsupported and starting to assume quadruped (hands and knees). Her main mode of trasportation around the living room floor is via rolling. She also has started clapping and is drinking from a straw. I'm so proud of her! We're working on finger feeding and tolerating more solids - I hope she can have cake for her b-day (just around the corner).

Jillian is almost 2 & 1/2 and has been developing in leaps and bounds. She speaks in complete sentences (sometimes too much). Her latest faves are singing and dancing. She especially loves to sing into a "microphone." She has many friends and loves playing with kids her age. She is not shy among other kids! She will be starting "school" in a mom's day out program in a few months. We are both really excited, but I'm sure it will be tough at first (probably more so for me). I am also very proud of her.

Nothing new to report with John and I. John's practice is still going well, and business is steady. I am still not working, and plan to keep it that way. I keep extremely busy with the girls. We have been pretty involved with the Down Syndrome Association of Central Florida. It's been a good support and there are so many good people there.

Well, that's about it. Back to the grind. I hope all is well with you and your families. Thanks for visiting!

1 comment:

Faiqa said...

Easter Pics are gorgeous!!